The area of AI known as knowledge representation and reasoning (KR, KRR) is concerned with how thinking influences intelligent behavior in AI agents. It is in charge of presenting information about the real world in a way that computers can understand and use it to solve complex problems in the real world, like diagnosing a medical condition or interacting with people in natural language.
How to Represent Knowledge in AI?
Knowledge can be represented in artificial intelligence. In addition information representation allows an intelligent computer to learn from knowledge and experiences in order to behave intelligently like a person. Knowledge representation goes beyond merely storing data in a database.
What to Represent?
- Object: All the facts about objects in our world domain. E.g., Guitars contains strings, trumpets are brass instruments.
- Events: Events are the actions which occur in our world.
- Performance: It describe behavior which involves knowledge about how to do things.
- Meta-knowledge: It is knowledge about what we know.
- Facts: Facts are the truths about the real world and what we represent.
- Knowledge-Base: The central component of the knowledge-based agents is the knowledge base. The Knowledgebase is a group of the Sentences .
What are different types of Knowledge?
There are five types of knowledge as given below:-
1. Declarative Knowledge:- In this type of knowledge we know about something includes facts, concepts and objects. Therefore, declarative knowledge is simpler than procedural language.
2. Procedural Knowledge:-Firstly, it is responsible for knowing how to do something also known as imperative knowledge. It can be directly applied to any task includes rules, strategies, procedures, agendas, etc. Procedural knowledge depends on the task on which it can be applied.
3. Meta-knowledge:- Meta knowledge is the knowledge about the knowledge.
4. Heuristic knowledge:- Heuristic Knowledge is based on previous experiences and awareness of approaches which are good to work but not guaranteed. IT is the knowledge of some expert in a field/subject.
5. Structural knowledge:- It is the basic knowledge of problem solving. This type of knowledge describes the relationship between concepts or objects.