Whitehat hackers are the type of people who find vulnerabilities in websites and software to alert the company about what went wrong to fix it – that is until they start monetizing their work. This guide will cover some of the highest-paying whitehat positions and salaries, and talk about why many whitehats choose to do this.
What Are The Highest Paying Whitehat Positions?
In the world of cybersecurity, many high-paying positions offer lucrative salaries. Here are five of the highest-paying whitehat positions and their salaries:
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) – The CISO is responsible for overseeing the overall security of a company’s systems, networks, and data. They typically receive a salary between $160,000 and $225,000.
- Chief Security Officer (CSO) – A CSO is in charge of protecting a company’s data and systems from unauthorized access or destruction. They typically receive a salary between $100,000 and $175,000.
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO) – A CTO is responsible for developing and leading a company’s technology strategy. They typically receive a salary between $150,000 and $200,000.
- Director of Cybersecurity – A director of cybersecurity is responsible for directing the overall cybersecurity operations of a company or organization. They typically receive a salary between $110,000 and $160,000.
- Associate Professor of Computer Science – An associate professor of computer science can expect to make anywhere from $80,000 to over $190,000 per year in salary depending on experience and qualifications.
How Much Does A Whitehat Hacker Make?
A white hat hacker is a computer specialist who uses their skills to find and fix security vulnerabilities in software and websites. According to The Daily Dot, the average salary for a white hat hacker is $100,000. However, this can vary greatly depending on experience and skill set. Some of the highest-paying whitehat positions include:
Database administrator – $120,000
Information security officer – $130,000
Cybersecurity consultant – $160,000
The Top 20 Highest Earning Whitehat Hacking Jobs
- CISO – The average salary for a CISO is $210,000.
- Cyber Security Engineer – Cyber security engineers earn an average salary of $118,000.
- Information Security Manager – Information security managers earn an average salary of $110,000.
- Web Application Security Engineer – Web application security engineers earn an average salary of $101,000.
- Penetration Tester – Penetration testers earn an average salary of $92,000.
- Network Security Analyst – Network security analysts earn an average salary of $86,000.
- Data Breach Investigations Specialist – Data breach investigations specialists earn an average salary of $83,500.
- Cybersecurity Consultant – cybersecurity consultants earn an average salary of $81,500
- Chief Information Officer (CIO) – The CIO position can range in pay from around $140,000 to over $200,000 with the median pay being around $160,000
- The CEOs and senior executives at some of the world’s most successful tech companies are paid well beyond six figures including Mark Zuckerberg who made over US$1 billion in 2013
It can be difficult to determine which whitehat position or salary is right for you, and that’s why I’ve created this list of the highest-paying whitehat positions and salaries. This list will help you narrow down your options so that you can find a job or a career that aligns with your interests and values. If you’re looking to make some serious money, then start browsing through these high-paying white hat opportunities today!